ACT vs. SAT - Which Test is Best for You?
Which test should I take?
What are differences between the SAT and ACT?
Our AJA College Counselor, Mieca Levy advises that students take both a full practice ACT and SAT once each to see which you prefer. Most test prep companies periodically offer practice tests, including Applerouth and Edison Prep. Here’s a great blog post about the differences.
Here are some key differences between the SAT and ACT:
- 2 main sections (Evidence-based Reading and Writing/EBRW and Math)
- Algebra based
- Math portion has a greater impact on the overall score
- Some science questions - not a full section
- Writing section offered
- 4 sections (English, Reading, Math, Science)
- Some Trigonometry
- Full Science section
- Writing Section offered
- SAT is scored out of 1600 (800 for each section)
- ACT is scored out of 36